On 9th November 2020 Dr Venkat took part in “The Big Debate,” hosted by Qasa Alom at the BBC Asian Network Radio. Dr Venkat answered questions from listeners such as:
- Is it too early to seek a fertility treatment if you are in your 20s and tried for a baby for a couple of month?
- Do couples give up too early and seek fertility treatments?
- Check-ups for both male and female – invasive, expensive?
- Scans and what they involve;
- PCOS in Asian compared to Caucasian population, as well as egg and maturation of the eggs in the 2 categories mentioned;
- Fallopian tubes flashing;
- Can leukemia and radio/chemo therapy in early childhood affect sperm quality later in life?
- A fertility journey is very lonely. ICSI process – support groups?
- Stigma in Asia community about the IVF and using donor eggs and donor sperm;
- Old wives’s tales;
- Endometriosis, low AMH;
- Fertility after removing a coil.
To listen to a recording of the show, please click on the link below.