Harley Street Fertility Clinic (HSFC) offers comprehensive assistance to couples who are not able to conceive on their own, through a range of treatments. They understand that this can often be a very daunting and challenging time for couples, which is why the HSFC team focus on making the clinic as open and welcoming as they possibly can.
The expert team is always on hand to offer advice and care for every single person that walks through the door. And the team want YOU to get to know them a little bit better and have been taking part in our very own Q&As.
Here is what happened when we spoke to team member Isabel Delos Santos:
- What is your role at HSFC and what does that involve?
I am the egg and sperm donation coordinator. I help match patients with egg and sperm donors, among other things.
- How long have you worked at the clinic?
4 ½ years November 2010
- What has surprised you most about working at the clinic?
The fact that I actually have patience! =)
- What do you find most challenging about working at HSFC?
Fighting back my tears when the treatment doesn’t work for a patient and trying to be strong for the patients at that time.
- What is the best thing to have happened to you whilst working here?
Having an extended family with my colleagues, the patients and their babies!
- What do you do at the weekends to relax?
Sleeping in and hanging out with my friends.
- Did you always want to go into the health industry when you were younger?
Yes, I was greatly influenced by my loved ones as we’re a family of doctors and nurses.
- Where is your favourite place to go on holiday and why?
The beach, to top up my tan =)
- Tell us an embarrassing fact/story about you?
I am a KLUTZ. One time, at our clinic’s first Christmas party, chairs fell on me and we got a huge discount on our bill.
- If you were stuck on a desert island, who from the clinic would you want to be trapped with and why?
Definitely not Krystal! 😉 She’ll probably have me organize the sand or something.