Is surrogacy right for me?
Who’s it for
You might choose Surrogacy if…
- You were born without a uterus
- You have undergone a hysterectomy or removal of the uterus
- Your uterine lining is damaged e.g. Asherman’s syndrome
- You’ve had recurrent miscarriages
- Your IVF cycles have failed despite good quality embryos
- You have a severe medical condition incompatible with pregnancy
- You’re in a male gay couple
Statistics at Harley Street Fertility
The types of surrogacies and what to expect
Option 1: Host surrogacy
Option 2: Straight surrogacy
In this arrangement (also known as partial or natural surrogacy) the surrogate is an egg donor. For this reason, the fertility treatment we usually use is intra-uterine insemination (IUI). This can either be with a natural or a drug-controlled cycle. However, if IUI attempts are not successful then the surrogate can undergo IVF treatment.